Monday, May 6, 2013

Spring Rains

My head aches. My sinuses are full. The barometer has dropped.
Rain is coming.
The wet, the sloppy, the drizzle with cool.
When all I wanted was the sun, shining warm. I wanted the breezes, causing flowers to ripple in beauty. I wanted the lovely.
Why would I want sky falling, when I could smile at shining?
It is spring and I don't want the damp. The dripping. The sloppy.
I expect consistent lovely. Want the delightful days. Full of light and blossoms.
Who even likes rain?
"Let us know, let us press on to know The Lord... He will come to us like the rain, like the spring rain watering the earth." Hosea 6:3
And now you are telling me God comes to us like rain, like this spring shower, sure to come.
I forget the point. Of rain. Coming.
It states it clear: like the spring rain watering the earth.
The point of dripping, damp, sloppy, is refreshment. Growth. Life.
Without the pouring out of water upon the land, there would be shriveling, drought. Destruction.
Those blooms I adore in spring? They would be nothing apart from these showers. The trees dressed in splendor now would only be brittle sticks.
Without spring rain, the lovely days would no longer be lovely.
And The Lord? His coming is certain.
Just as I am often uncomfortable when all the world drips sloppy, I may be miserable with the ways He arrives.
But without Him, my days can not be lovely. Life-filled.
Like spring rains, the timing is not always ideal, in my book. But the benefits are full of splendor.
Today, I am thankful for spring and wet drizzle.
Today, I am thankful for His arrival that is certain. Sloppy or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment