Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Wild At Heart

I have been wild at heart. For so long.
Thrashing my wings at what constrains me.
Nipping, biting at all who draw near.
Seeking escape.
Beating my breast in grief. In anger. In fear.
I have been rest-less. Trust-less.
Wanting more than the paltry. More than the wounds that have been mine. For so long.
I have cowered under hands clasping. Those seeking to tenderly care for and heal and even tame me.
I have relentlessly resisted, fearing further wounds.
Simply fearing.
I have trembled and throbbed with fear. Aching. Longing for escape.
Oh Lord, hold me closer, tighter. Clutch me to Your chest, soothing, quieting. Tame this wild heart of mine. For it is wild.
Yet it longs.
For rest.
For safety.
For tenderness.
Oh my God, master this heart of mine.
Help me to cease my worthless flights.
And nest.
In You.
For I have been wild. At heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment