Friday, January 3, 2014

Following


I was on my way home, when I spied it amidst the traffic. A car, with a plain brown wrapper. And Ohio plates. Needing to travel home from the east coast, that van was like an arrow, pointing the way.
Amongst the twists and turns and choices of direction, there it was, leading. All I had to do was imitate. Travel behind. Accept it as guide.
Following, I found comfort, reassurance: this is the way.
As I copied the movements of that ordinary, russet automobile, here at the beginning, of a journey, of a year, I was reminded. Of my need to shadow. To pursue, One who came wrapped in the plain. Who hid Himself in the skin of the common, the simple clothes of a man.
Is not my God like an arrow, pointing the way? How often does He say, "Come, follow Me" ?
Coming after, following, is a choice I must make. It is allowing another to be my guide. There is submission in that. That is frequently a challenge for me. That whole idea of letting go, of my way, can be frightening.
It also can be comforting, reassuring. "This is the way, Daughter. This is the way, to Me. "
So, right here, in the fresh page of the calendar, I have decided to pursue, be guided by the plainly wrapped, yet, all-wise Son, Jesus.
Because, really, all I want, is to make it safely home.

Come after Me [as disciples- letting Me be your guide], follow Me...at once they left their nets and became His disciples [ sided with His party and followed Him].  Matthew 4:19-20 Amplified                

1 comment:

  1. I feel what you are saying I also feel like GOD turn my son @ I here for me to open my eyes becuase I not alone we both THANK FOR YOUR WORDS

    ReplyDelete