Thursday, July 31, 2014

Unfailing

I have stumbled. Fallen. Failed.
I have lost. Forgotten. Ignored.
I have been steadfastly deficient. Lacking. Embarrassingly incompetent.
In all these ways, and more, I have been unable, unwilling, to love. It is like aiming for a pinhole on the side of yonder tree and missing. Every time.
Oh, I've had my moments. Snippets of grace bestowed, enabling me to be kind, or forgive or reach out to someone I didn't even like. That is like dust upon the scale. It counts for nothing.
In all my floundering blunders in charity, I am startled by God never failing in His. My efforts are like a damp firecracker. It fizzles when I had wanted a resounding bang.
"The Lord's unfailing love surrounds the one who trusts in Him."
Psalm 32:6
Like an arrow hitting the bullseye. Every. Time. Infallible.
Like waves upon the ocean, it is certain. Or the sun arching it's way across the sky, relentless.
His devoted benevolence captures and restrains us like a prisoner, locked within his cell. There is no escape. Only pursuit.
As an animal ensnared within the hunter's net, I am encompassed within the web of His endless mercy.
Oh, bind me further! Shackle me if You must. Still my floundering efforts and pursue, oh pursue, me, the one who trusts in You.
The one who believes. In unfailing love.

No comments:

Post a Comment