Monday, July 28, 2014

His Sacred Witness







Sometimes, life, it is hard. And my heart, it is rent clear through. Cracked, it seems, beyond repair. Forcefully wrenched open by hurt or sorrow, disappointment or even bitterness. The results always seem to be the same. I am left broken.
It is in this site, where I am pulled apart, that I am left mute. Helpless. Unable to breach the gap. And so my heart cries out. "Lord, where are You?"
This is what I've found.
Underneath that hardened shell of my nature, there is soil, unmasked, exposed for the first time.
In this visible, fractured area, seeds of grace are cast down, into the very depths of my being. And, unexpected, hope begins to unfurl.
Where once, only cracks reigned, now His sacred witness, and His redemptive love overshadows. Prevails. Overflows.
Only in being broken can His glory triumph.




Oh, Lord, send more cracks, that I might have more, so much more, of You.

No comments:

Post a Comment