Wednesday, October 8, 2014

There Is A Time



It is with great difficulty that I consider moving away from this quiet, this beauty. I am reluctant to consider any other option. For with movement, I am certain to be undone, in a moment, the tranquility washed away by the suds of effort and time. 
Here in these minutes, I inhale deeply of God's presence, sure of His grace, captured by the stillness, the glory of this hour. 
I hear the time flying swiftly as horses galloping away over the horizon. I want to pull back the reigns, stop this stampede, and bottle this ticking of clock , to relish later, as a sweet perfume to my days. 
Truth trumpets loud. 
"There is a time. "
"There is a time for rest and a time for action. 
There is a time to accomplish and a time to cease. 
There is a time to speak and a time to listen. 
There is a time to shelter and a time to expose. 
There is a time for sitting and a time to rise. 
There is a time for relishing and a time to forget. 
There is a time for hiding and a time for courage. 
There is a time to save and a time to cast away. 
To everything there is a time. "
I step out, knowing, there will be other moments, occasions, to come away to be with Him, to relish His whispers of grace, as I hear "Peace, be still. "

No comments:

Post a Comment