Monday, December 8, 2014

You Know

You know with all your heart and soul that not one of all the good promises the Lord your God gave you has failed. Every promise has been fulfilled; not one has failed. 
Joshua 23:14 NIV

Whoa! Did you see that?
1. None of God's promises have failed.
2. Every promise has been fulfilled.
3. Not one has failed.
None: No exceptions. Not a single one has been unsuccessful.
Every: Each one. The complete list checked off.
Not one: Zilch. Zero. Nada.
And what was that describing again?
God's commitments. Being fulfilled. Kept.
I don't know about you, but I don't know how many pledges I have broken to my children. "I can do that!", "Yes, I'll get that done. ", and my personal favorite: "Just a minute!". Fifteen minutes, twelve unfinished projects and total inability later...... I realize nope! And one more commitment has been broken. It's not that I set out to not keep my word, but I become distracted, or interrupted or just plain forget.
That's why it is fairly phenomenal, even exceptional, that God checks every future achievement off His list. "Complete. Done. Did that!" There are No. Exceptions. And these aren't just "If you don't straighten up...." kind of assurances. No, Joshua says that not one of all the good, pleasant, beneficial grounds for expectation has been broken. Not. One. Time. God has never become distracted, or interrupted or simply forgotten. Not. One. Time. (That's worth repeating!)
Here's one last interesting piece that Joshua throws in the mix: "You know."
You understand. You comprehend. There are no doubts about this! You know.  
Joshua is essentially telling them, "You get this. In the deepest part of your being, you feel absolutely certain, have experienced this for yourselves. God does what He says He will do. Every. Time. Every. Single. Time. Without fail. Without exception."
That, my friends, is worth getting excited about! Woo-hoo! Way to go,God!

No comments:

Post a Comment