Monday, March 30, 2015

Down Below

Down below
In the deep, dark space
Below the flowers of spring
And crusts of white
Down below
The grass of green
The dirt and the rocks
Down below
The drops piled high
And the drips that are hanging free
Below the caverns
Of the dark
Down below
Even that
Runs a river.
Through my veins
Is a sorrow
So deep,
A mourning
So great,
I can not
Grasp it,
I can not reach
That deep dark space.
I hear the wails
Faintly echo,
I taste the salt
Of endless tears.
I can feel
The mourning,
Always running,
Streaming through
My bones and marrow
Silently shouting
"I am here! I am here!"
The tides of time
Has caused
This sinking.
The bleeding
Of my heart
Has filled
The trough
With my despair.
It is easy
To feel
That I am leaking
Certain, sure
That no one
Cares.
It's simple
To cower
From such
That is only found
Down below
In that
Deep
Dark
Space
Yet I know
If I could find
The courage
To traverse
That river,
Long,
There is another
Who would travel
With me.
He would walk
So near
His arms
Would clasp me
Close
And I would find
Down below
The drips and drops
Below
The call of spring
Through the frosts
Even there
In that deep
Dark
Space
I would find
That the river
Mirrors
The glories
Of His face.
Down below
I think,
I know,
That I would find
Those caverns
Filled to overflowing
With His goodness
And His grace.
Someday
I will travel
To that far,
Far place
And I will
Kneel
And worship
One who
Lights my way.
And down below
That deep
Dark river
Will be
But a drop,
A tear,
Dripping down
His blood-scarred
Face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment