Wednesday, April 1, 2015

He Chose




I watched her
Gasp for breath.
She suffered,
In pain
And I was
Wrecked
Upon the shores
Of sorrows, ache.
A Father
Willingly
Chooses
Such wreckage.
A Son
Suffers
By choice.
For me.
Oh, for me.
I hovered near,
Heart weeping,
Scalded by love,
Knowing
This was better,
For her.
I must
Remove the grasp,
Release
The life
That was hers.
And a Father
Chooses
To release,
To unleash,
A torrent
Of mercy
Upon the shores
Of time
By turning
Away
From this Son,
Splattered
With all
The ugly
Within
My soul.
Wrenched
By gasping child,
Torn asunder
By grace
Lavished
Upon her,
Upon me,
Upon a world
Gasping,
Wrecked and
Wrenched.
For He has
Hovered
Near,
Watching,
Waiting,
Until
His Son released
The grasp
Upon the
Sin
Causing Him
To bleed
Scalding love
For you.
For me.Oh, for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment