Friday, April 10, 2015

Awake!


The time of the singing of the birds has come. Song of Solomon 2:12


Awake my soul, Awake!
Hearken your ears, your eyes.
Cast about no more, in the darkness;
Cease your stumbling, your striving in the dim.
A new day is blazing across the sky.
Capture the sounds of singing that float across the air.
Awake my soul, Awake!
Release the clasp of truths, each snarled;
Let go the grasp upon the my-ways and if-onlys.
Invite the try-hards and not-enoughs to come no more.
Gaze upon Beauty,
Marvel over His Splendor.
Rest in the grace overflowing;
Steep yourself in Love lavished.
Awake my soul, Awake!
The singing of the birds has come,
Winter is o'er,
And Spring, all that is new, refreshing as rain,
Has come.
Sing my soul, Sing!
What once was lost, now is found.
Hope is born anew.
For He has come. He has come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment