Friday, May 25, 2012

The Course Set



Hebrews 12:1 …let us run with endurance the race that is set before us.
The course is set. All laid out. Clearly delineated.
When organizers design a course for a race, they seek, not the easiest race , but rather the best course. The path is clearly marked. Safety for the runners is secured. Obstacles are removed. Hindrances, set aside. They want the best race possible for the runners, as well as the safest.
My Organizer has set a race before me. The course has already been appointed. It is not necessarily an easy race. Instead it is the best race for me.
I am not always content with best. I often would rather have easy. I get tired of hard. I am reminded of my need to persevere. To keep going. No matter what. Even in hard.
Though the race may be difficult, and even exhausting at times, it is always safe.
My God is dependable. He has made the course hazard-free. Obstacles have been removed.
I am secure in His care.

No comments:

Post a Comment