Monday, June 11, 2012

As Simple As Water



I know a man who's allergic to water.
Really.
If he gets wet, he breaks out in hives. No more long hot showers. No more swimming in pools. And if he sweats? More hives.
He has had to make a lot of adjustments in his life as a result. Sacrifices. He has been willing to make those, simply because he does not enjoy the outcome if he does not.
He is a rare breed.
I wonder if I am willing to be such a rare breed. Not that I want to be allergic to water, thank you!
No, it's more like Paul who wrote, “I count all things as loss... in order that I may gain Christ.”
Am I willing to make adjustments in order to know my Lord? What will I be willing to sacrifice? Simply because I do not enjoy the outcome if I do not.
My friend may be allergic to water, but I want to be allergic to anything that keeps me from knowing Christ.
Even if it's as simple as water.

No comments:

Post a Comment