Monday, September 30, 2013

Nestled Near

Isaiah 40:11 NIV
He tends His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them close to His heart....

Like a child wearied with weeping, I often long to be swooped up into my Father's arms and carried.
I have stumbled too often; grown too worn. I have become petulant child seeking comfort.
When I crumble to sidewalk, arms flailing, whines escalating, that is when He strides over, stooping.
He gathers me into arms strong.
Whispering words, soothing. Carrying me close to His chest.
It is there, in His clasp, that I hear it. The heart beating, staccato love notes, for me. For me.
And I am comforted. There in his limbs, wrapping.
I am gathered securely against Him when I know. That I am safe. That I can rest. Here.
Nestled near, to His heart.
And I am carried farther than I could have imagined, by my Shepherd, Strong.


No comments:

Post a Comment