Friday, June 13, 2014

Full Life

My daughter, the one with cells, devouring and rampaging through her body, she is walking through a drought. A barren, sun-scorched land. A place of lack and thirst. For relief in body and mind. She is blistered and weary. She is fearful and covered in rash. And I wonder, what could possibly help her in such an empty place?
Then I read these words of truth and discover it is not what, but Who can help.
"He will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land. " Isaiah 58:11 NIV
God, alone is able to satisfy her every need in this season of her life. He is able to be her Comforter, her Strength, her Hope. He is able to fulfill her. Every. Need.
The Message states it this way:
"I will give you a full life in the emptiest of places. "
The desert is a stark, destitute place. It is difficult to imagine a full life there. It is easier for me to consider a paper snowflake. After carefully folding the paper, scissors remove the edges. Some snowflakes, when unfolded, appear to be little more than holes. But when hung upon the window, the more holes there are, the more the sun shines through and the more beautiful it is.
Cancer and chemo are taking large chunks out of my daughter's life, leaving many empty places. It is in that emptiness where my God can shine the brightest. Where He can satisfy and give the fullest of life.
Even in the midst of drought.
Because my God? He is the Fountain of Life. (Psalm 36:9)

No comments:

Post a Comment