Friday, January 30, 2015

Breath In



I realize that each time she breathes, she is one step closer to His arms, waiting. Breath in. Breath out.
Inhale.
Exhale.
I hear the clock ticking. Chipping away at her days like an ice pick chiseling off chunks of ice.
Yet I marvel over the exquisite beauty of a single breath. The grace of it. The simplicity. Breath in. Breath out. Her chest rises with life and currents of air ruffle the lungs, spreading hope in her body. For one more moment. One more hour.
I wonder if even now, He knows the number remaining. If He checks off each one, tallying it up to one life. Hers.
Her chest rises. Falls. Rises once more. I never thought I could be this grateful. Breath in. Breath out.
Each movement, sacred. Each singular breath, gift.
Oh, the exquisite grace of one breath.
Hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment