Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Everything

We can trust everything He does. Psalm 33:4 NLT a

Everything.
Yellow daughter. Bloated abdomen.
I can rely on, be confident in, ALL.
Without exception.
That feels foreign in the midst of my daughter's ups and downs.
It seems impossible when I witness the pain, the suffering.
It looks improbable right here in the mess of hurt and sadness, anger and disappointment.
But there is hope scripted in those first two words: we can.
We. Lyndsey. Jesse. Reebs. Caleb. Ayana. Brittany. Jenny. And me, all sitting in her room.
We. All those whose hearts are knit with hers. Friends. Family. Family-friends.
Can. Have the ability. The power. We know how to. There is the possibility of.
We can trust everything.
Not just some things. Not a percentage of or a smidgen. Everything. Not what I can see or hear or touch. Not what I have experienced for myself. All. Not just the part of the puzzle I have figured out, leaving the remaining pieces scattered, uncertain where to place them or how they could possibly fit in. Nope. It's the total picture, the beginning, the end and all the road that lies between.
How's that even possible? How can I trust what appears ugly, devastating?
I can trust, because of the words written before, first.
'For the word of the Lord holds true.
We can trust everything He does.' Psalm 33:4 NLT
What my Sovereign God speaks, He will fulfill. He doesn't sugar-coat or make stuff up so I feel better or so the image is prettier, nicer, more pleasing. Rather, what He utters, comes into being. Comes true. It is better than a fairy godmother waving her magic wand: I don't have to wait around for Him to unexpectedly show up or wonder if He ever will.
I can rest, leaning hard against this rock of truth, knowing it will not budge.
We can trust. Everything. He does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment